Knitting entrelac is fun.
Getting rid of the yarn ends is not.
I did most of the knitting of this entrelac jacket in the summer 2009. I started weaving in the ends. I got bored. I put the jacket in the knitting basket and carefully piled a few UFOs on top of it.
Unfortunately kid didn’t forget about the jacket. So I had to finish my work into wearable state.
Original plan was to have buttons of some kind, but finally decided on leaving the jacket unbuttoned.
In the sleeves I wanted to have some contrast to the body, so decided to give some stripes there. To add some asymmtery, I made the colour changes in a different pattern in both sleeves.
Yarn is Novita Spektri Plus, rayon and acrylic. Nice and soft, but splits easily and is somewhat difficult to knit evenly at the ends of the rows. And there are a lot of row ends in an entrelac. Knitted with 5 mm needles, the project took up 400 g of yarn, that is, 8 skeins.
Technically, I’m not satisfied with this project, but it looks nice and – what’s more important – kid loves it.