This shawl caught my eye right on. I had never knitted a triangular shawl starting in the middle of the neck, let alone casting the knitting from some crochet stitches. Vilma Vuori‘s Sagittaria was bit of a challenge.
I found the pattern relatively straight forward, once I got the hang of it. The pattern of the body of the shawl took me a while to figure out, how and where it is repeated. Once I figured out the repeating system, it was fairly quick to knit.
Wanted to make this shawl in red. Found Novita Wool, 100% wool, in red. There’s just a touch of blue in the colour, and the yarn in actually not as bright as in the photos.
I needed almost 4 skeins, each 50 grams, to finish this shawl. I repeated the second chart eight times instead of seven, that was recommended in the pattern.
Used needle of size 5 mm, but I made the casting off with 7 mm needle to make it loose enough, yet even.
Blocking this shawl wasn’t all that easy, and I didn’t get the arrow-like edging to stand out arrow-like.
The shawl was more or less finished by September 14th – of last year. I only had the one yarn used in the casting off to weave in.
Instead of weaving it in, I stopped to wonder, whether the casting off was loose enough or not. And I wondered and wondered and…
Now that I’m in the process of getting rid of the 95% ready items, I finally cut the yarn and weaved it in. And I didn’t give another though on the tightness or looseness of the cast off. So here it finally is: finished Sagittaria.